It’s no secret that parenting is really hard work, pushing you to your limits both mentally and physically.
So huzzah for these 10 parenting hacks which will hopefully give you a spare second to do something you really want to do – like go to the toilet alone.
We’re not making any promises though.
1. Put a sticker in two pieces in your child’s shoes to help them remember which way round to put them on.
2. But a marker on the wall to indicate when they have taken enough toilet paper.
3. If you are painting something in the garden, let them ‘stain’ the fence with you using a bucket of water.
4. If your children constantly fight in the back of the car, use cardboard as dividers.
5. Store your favourite chocolates or sweets in a bag of vegetables that the children would never dream of opening.
6. Push your child on the swing from the comfort of a chair.
7. Use part of a pool noodle on door frames to stop little fingers getting caught (and it stops the noise of doors being slammed).
8. Mark sections on the clock to teach your child their evening or morning routine and let them easily know if they are falling behind.
9. Fill a glove with beans so that when your child falls asleep with you rubbing their back you can leave the room without waking them up.
10. Make a small hole in the bottom of a Kinder egg and use it as a storage device for all those unfinished lollipops.
Suggest a correction